Paneer Pakoras | How to make Paneer Pakodas ~ Monsoon Recipes

>>  Friday, July 20, 2012

Pin It

Recently I had couple of occasions when I ended up making Paneer Pakodas. Both the occasions, before I could even say a word, everything disappeared. Literally, I mean it. Can you imagine some dishes are so much of a favorite with the crowd that it's just not possible to do much but see them disappear? Well these Paneer Pakoras are surely a crowd pleaser and a delight to kids and elders as well.

In the recent party we hosted, I made these as an afterthought for the vegetarians. The starters were predominately non veg. So naturally a dish that surely never fails to please vegetarians alike, it's surely something to do with Paneer. I haven't actually come across many, who say no to Paneer. If you know one, do let me know. I might want to share my favorite dishes with them..:)

Anyway coming to the second time I made these, it was another Paneer Pakoras in a gravy that I tried. So just to entice the kids and also as it was raining, I thought I might offer them as such, without dropping them in the gravy. That was surely a mistake. Chinnu who normally never extends for such snacks, was also so taken in by these pakodas. I finally had to convince them saying that I have enough for the gravy for their dinner.

So here's the Paneer Pakodas, nothing new one might add. But then it's a kid's special dish and I can't but record them

Sending this to Pradnya who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on Warm foods to beat the rain!
Paneer Pakoras
Paneer Pakoras
Paneer Pakoras

Ingredients Needed:

Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese, cubed - 1 cup
Besan / Gram Flour - 1 cup
Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste 
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp (opt)

Oil for deep frying

For Seasoning

Pepper powder - as required
Chaat Masala as required
Salt a tiny pinch

How to make Paneer Pakodas

Make Paneer and keep it aside to set. I normally make with homemade Paneer.

Cut into small cubes and keep it aside.

In a bowl, take the flours, salt, red chili powder and ginger garlic paste if you are using it. Slowly add water mix to a thick batter.

Meanwhile heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, dip the paneer into the batter and drop in the oil for deep frying.

Cook on all sides and drain on to a kitchen towel.

Just before serving, season on the top with either pepper powder or chat masala along with a tiny pinch of salt.

Since I was serving elders I tried these seasoning. For kids you can serve as such. 


6 comments :

DivyaGCP July 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM  

Pakoras with paneer?? mmmmmm... I am drooling here..

Divya's Culinary Journey
Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN
Bake along challenge # 4 - Peanut Butter
Love lock series- Breads

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj July 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM  

nicely done...

Jyoti July 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM  

A pleasent evening, a cup of masala chai and a plate of paneer pakoda.. What a perfect setting.. Wish I could just grab the plate from the screen.. Lovely!

Divya Pramil July 25, 2012 at 9:21 PM  

Wow looks crispy and yum :)
~Today's Recipe~ Karuvadu Kulambu / Dry Fish Gravy
You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes

Jagruti July 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM  

Pakodas anytime is always good..but I guess the monsoons along with this recipe can make everything better..yes of course with a cup of chai though :)

Akila July 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM  

ooohhhh... want to have it now itself... love it...

Event: Dish Name Starts With N till August 31st
Learning-to-cook

Regards,
Akila

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP