Almond Saffron Drink | Kesar Badam Milk

>>  Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pin It

When I decided to make a meal with Saffron rice with Channa Masala, Methi Puris, I didn't realised that I was making using of Saffron so much. I got fancied with this breakfast thali, and decided that I would love to make the almond drink as well.

So I ended up soaking Almonds and saffron as well. Though I have made Almond Drink many times, I never really clicked pictures, knowing it's such a regular drink. Somehow I wanted to do it now and it was happy that I did. Maybe the amount of saffron that I used to add before was less. Somehow it had it's effect and it was very refreshing when it was chilled.

When I think of Badam, I am always reminded of our Badam tree we had when I was 7 or 8 years old. It was a huge tree and attracted lot of attention during the summer vacation. As a remembrance to that, I brought back couple of those fruits, hoping I will open them. Those two are still lying where I left them!

I am done with my second week of BM today with three posts of Cooking with Flowers.
Saffron Rice | Saffron Pulao
Sheera Recipe / Sooji Halwa

Almond Saffron Drink
Almond Saffron Drink

Almond Saffron Drink

Almond / Badam - 10
Saffron Strands - 10
Milk - 2 cups
Cardamon pods - 2
Sugar - 3 tsp

How to make

Microwave the almonds in 1/2 cup water, once cooled, peel the skin. Soak the saffron strands in warm milk. Mix well to extract the essence.

Make a paste of the almond with 1/2 cup milk to a smooth consistency.

Warm the remaining milk along with sugar, when it is hot enough, add the almond milk, saffron milk. Combine everything well 
and chill

Serve it chilled

Kesar Badam Milk



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 17


19 comments :

Reshmi Mahesh June 12, 2012 at 6:50 AM  

Yummy drink...

Recipe World June 12, 2012 at 6:59 AM  

Healthy Drink....

A Kamalika Krishmy June 12, 2012 at 7:42 AM  

A healthy option to quence thirst in this summer

Chef Mireille June 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM  

this sounds so delicious!!!!

The Pumpkin Farm June 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM  

reminds me of the good ol pregnancy days LOL....it was such a filmy scene with my mother, MIl feeding me this milk daily...aah...it tastes amazing. Lovely pic of the glass full of milk

rekhas kitchen June 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

Delicious and my favorite dring. Drooloing here.

Kavitha Bhargav June 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM  

Mouth watering thali. love the methi poori

Priya June 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM  

Yumm, super tempting drink.

PriyaVaasu June 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM  

Love it chilled!!!! Looks yum!!!! Kuttu loves it with little more nuts!!!!

Usha June 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM  

I don't remember seeing a badam tree but couple of years ago I saw fresh badam in a local store. I was amused to see them.. :) Nice drink!

sushma June 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM  

I just love this drink

Jayanthi June 13, 2012 at 2:18 AM  

Looks so delicious Valli...

Suma Gandlur June 13, 2012 at 6:08 AM  

Chilled badam milk on a hot day is so welcome.

ANU June 13, 2012 at 6:46 AM  

wow such a nice plate full of awesome food paired with this yummy drink!

SYF&HWS - Cook With SPICES" Series
Only Mango - June 1st to 30th
Dish It Out - Black Beans and Bell Pepper - June 1st to 30th
Cooking with Whole Foods - Brown Rice - June 10th to Aug 10th

Sangeetha June 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM  

very creamy n delicious drink...love the chilled one more!!
Spicy Treats

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi June 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM  

love badam milk anytime any day :)

PJ June 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM  

Yummy drink.Love to have this chilled...

veena krishnakumar June 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM  

Looks so delicious!!!!Love he flavour!!!

Archana June 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM  

Would love it both hot and cold.
I am hosting Kitchen Chronicles Theme Go Nuts...Do send me your entries

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP