Alasanda Vada Recipe 2 | Bobbarlu Vada | Black Eyed Peas (Lobia) Fritters

>>  Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pin It

Life can be really a challenge when you are alone and have planned to do certain things. Yet so many other things come up that you hardly find yourself doing them. I planned to blog this Alasanda Vada a while back, yet after two hours I found myself where I began. 

Alasanda Vada is a very famous deep fried fritters from Andhra. And I have already blogged about it when Athamma made it first. I have many nostalgic memories related with Alasandallu and there is never a time that passes by that I don't remember them when I think of Black Eyed Pea. Though Amma used to make these regularly during our childhood, I was surprised that I haven't blogged about the way Amma makes. Of course today's recipe is also not the actually one from what I remember but rather with a twist that she found to be quite useful

So while I contemplate on how else I will occupy myself, I will leave you to enjoy the delicious snacks I managed to click pictures.

You can also try Alasanda Carrot Vada
Alasanda Vada
Alasanda Vada
Alasanda Vada


Soaking Time : 5 hours/ Over night
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : Time for deep frying
Makes - 10 small Vadas

Ingredients Needed:

Alasanda / Black Eyed Pea - 1 cup
Besan / Gram Flour - 1/4 cup
Onions - 1 medium
Green Chilies - 3 long
Curry leaves handful
Oil for deep frying

How to make the Alasanda Vada

Wash and soak the peas for 5 hours. Change water and grind to a coarse batter along with 1 green chilies making sure you grind with just a tbsp of water.

Remove to a bowl and add chopped onions, curry leaves, green chilies, salt and besan. Mix well to form balls.

Heat a kadai with oil and simmer when the oil is hot.

Pat down the dough as discs and gently deep fry them in oil.

Serve hot.

I know the pictures turned out to be little more dark than I expected. Well I couldn't really expect it to be better as it was pretty late when I clicked these pictures and there were serious treat of these disappearing. so I did the best I could.



9 comments :

Uma May 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM  

We often make Alasanda pappu cutlet at home as we get plenty of them from our farm. I thought of giving a try after making kollu vada. Now I am tempted so much to prepare after seeing this vada. Looks very additive.

Priya Yallapantula May 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM  

Love them, anytime :)

Shobha May 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM  

Very tasty looking alasanda vadalu...all these goodies bring back memories of home..

Hari Chandana May 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM  

Traditional and delicious vada.. looks perfect !!
Indian Cuisine

Zari(Nilam) May 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM  

yummy and tasty.........
http://zariafrozrecipes.blogspot.com/

Priya May 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM  

Super duper crispy vadas..

Sanjeeta kk May 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM  

My MIL makes this sometimes..like the crispness in them and they are quite filling vadas. Enjoy your 'me time' Valli :)

Jayanthi May 6, 2012 at 3:26 AM  

Super Valli. The fritters look so crispy, I guess I should try them soon.

Jagruti May 7, 2012 at 7:08 AM  

These are quite similar to the Chana dal vada...interesting way to use up black eyed peas :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP