Paneer Payasam | Paneer Kheer ~ Breakfast Thali

With the many payasam I seem to have ended making, I might as well had planned for a Payasam Variety as theme. I didn't strike me at all, only while I was editing the pictures did it strike me of a missed BM theme. These days anything I do, is done with the BM in mind. So much so that even Amma has started thinking that way. 

The involvement that my entire family shows, sometimes makes me wonder if I am blogging alone or with my whole family. As there have been times when I had made something and kids loved it, the next moment the question comes is if I had taken pictures of that dish. I sheepishly have to confess that I have indeed taken. Even the boys feel so happy that I have taken pictures. 
Coming to the recipe for today, Paneer Payasam came into picture when I was making Andhra Breakfast Thali.  I asked Amma if she remembers sweets to be served during breakfast. She said we normally on regular occasion don't serve it. That usually happens when we have relatives or guests coming over. So I said let's assume we have guests and work on creating a thali that would suit that situation. The other payasams she had suggested were all already blogged. She suddenly remembered this Paneer Payasam. And you know I am game for Paneer anytime anyway.
My Nephew and Niece are coming over for vacation and it's going to be one hectic time. I know I will have to prepare myself to make all their favorite dishes. They both love my food and naturally I don't need any other incentive to keep cooking. Only I should plan if I can create a thali out of it..:)

Paneer Payasam was made in very little quantity, just enough for serving two of us.

Ingredients Needed

Paneer - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cardamom a pinch
Saffron few strands soaked in milk

How to make the paneer Payasam

Boil milk and keep it ready

Grate the paneer and add to the milk and simmer for 10 mins. Add sugar and continue to boil for couple more minutes.

Finally add the saffron strands along with milk.

Notes:

You can also grind the paneer and add the paste to the boiled milk and cook.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 15

Labels: , , , ,