Methi Puri - Methi Poori Recipe | North Indian Thali 2

>>  Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pin It

As I had said I had planned for a simple Ugadi Breakfast Brunch. After all the elaborate thalis that my fellow BM'ers did, especially Vaishali, who really rocked, I couldn't pass up such a simple thali. So I had to make something different and decided Sunday was the best. 

Things always happen at the last moment and I couldn't plan for the breakfast. So I thought I might as well make it a proper lunch. So called parents over for lunch and planned for an elaborate lunch. When I had a Breakfast Thali in mind, I landed in Mittu's place where she dished out a Dessara Special Breakfast thali. I loved the entire plate and wanted to recreate the same at home. Thanks to her, we ended up with a delicious feast!

North Indian Thali
Now that it turned out that I am going to make a lunch, I added couple more dishes to make it more elaborate and a feast. It surely ended up being a feast and you get to read it very hot..:)

So finally the thali had Badam Milk, Dahi Vada, Methi Puri, Luchis, Panch phoran Aloo, Channa Masala, Saffron Rice, Suji Halwa. I love Amma's Dahi Vada, so asked her to make it for lunch.
Methi Poori
Methi Poori
Step by Step Picture Recipe




Methi Puri ~ Fenugreek Puris

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
Besan / Bengal Gram Flour - 1/2 cup
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Hing a pinch
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder a pinch.
Oil for deep frying

How to make the Puris

Wash the methi leaves well and drain on a colander.

In a bowl take all the flours, salt, turmeric, chili powder, hing along with chopped methi leaves. Mix well.

Then slowly add water and knead to a stiff dough.

Heat a Kadai with oil. Dust and roll out as small discs. Once the oil is hot, reduce to medium if it's very hot. Then slowly slide the puris and cook on all sides.

Serve hot with panch phoran aloo and Channa Masala


Today is the last of the Blogging Marathon week 1. I have a great time displaying all my thalis and checking out my members. Hope everybody enjoyed the virtual treats.

Before I sign off, a recap of the week 1


Sending these for my Indian Thali Mela

 
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 15


19 comments :

PJ April 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM  

What an elaborate thali Srivalli.I love all the items and your post has made me super hungry..

Priya April 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM  

Even its deep fried, simply loved the addition of greens in it..Wonderful thali again.

vaishali sabnani April 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM  

hey Valli..come on you yourself have done a wonderful job with this thali.and the rest...glad to know that you cud'nt pass off like that..but trust me I like this menu...lovely puris...too.

Aarthi April 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM  

wow..this platter looks so good..awesome pooris..

Chef Mireille April 22, 2012 at 7:01 PM  

pooris look fab...I am totally impressed by all the thalis I was virtually served up this week!

Krithi's Kitchen April 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM  

Looks great... It is summer already and still i didnt get fresh methi leaves.. love this recipe...Krithi's Kitchen - Serve It - Pressure Cooked/Slow Cooked

Priyas Feast April 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM  

Puris luks very pretty,remembering dabba's meal..kudos to ur daughter..

Roshni April 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM  

Beautiful thali

Suma Gandlur April 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM  

Loved everything on the platter. :)

Jayanthi April 23, 2012 at 3:36 AM  

Looking at all your thaalis I thank myself I didn't chose that theme as I wouldn't have stood a chance. Looks awesome Valli...the poori is so tempting and delicious.

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM  

methi puris look crispy and attractive and loved all the lovely thalis this week.

Usha April 23, 2012 at 7:02 AM  

I like everything you have on this thali and it is quite a lengthy menu. I enjoyed all the thalis you and everyone else posted under this theme.

Rasi April 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM  

the sunday lunch thali is so colorful & tempting.. Love methi puri.. when i don't get the leaves i just substitute it with Kasturi methi :)

Ongoing Event : WTML

The Pumpkin Farm April 23, 2012 at 9:05 AM  

wonder how i missed this post...the pooris looks super tempting...i have never tried this version of methi pooris...and agree with the thought that vaishali's thali made us re-think..i also created the last thali as an after thought..:)

DivyaGCP April 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM  

Love the line up of dishes in the thali.. Crispy and delicious Poori..

Divya's Culinary Journey
Showcase- Whats in your Lunch Box?
Lets Party-Breakfast

Preeti Garg April 23, 2012 at 11:50 PM  

Look Awesome.....perfectly made....too yumm!!!!

rajani April 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM  

You are right! I started off with a simple breakfast thali, but after seeing Vaishali's spread, I am beginning to wonder about how mine will look :))

rajani April 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM  

Btw, the methi puris look fantastic.

PriyaVaasu April 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

Aromatic Puri's!!! i will try this for my kidoo, he is a puri-maniac!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP