Methi Carrot Pulao Recipe | How to make Carrot Methi Pulao ~ Step by Step Recipe

>>  Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pin It

For all the planning I had done ahead, I simply overlooked the fact that I might need fresh methi leaves for the cooking. And it so happened that methi leaves were required for couple of them. I didn't want to change the menu at the last moment. So decided to use the little fresh leave for the Koftas while planning to use Katuri Methi for the Rice.

The dried Katuri methi leaves are very aromatic and can be used in almost any dish like chapatis, puris etc. In this quick version, it really makes a difference. Again when I realized that I had to use capsicum and grated carrot, I thought there was something seriously wrong in my planning. The dishes that I decided to make the thali had almost the same vegetables.

What's your resolution in using and consuming different vegetables? I almost always end up using the same type most of the time. Do you literally plan to buy something different each time you shop?
Methi Carrot Pulao
Methi Carrot Pulao
Coming to the recipe, this easy and quick methi carrot rice is something you can whip up for kid's lunch. Minus the chillies but Konda and Peddu loved it. My Chinnu wanted only the those fried Naans of course. 
Will be making this rice again for Konda's lunch box for sure. 

I was surprised that they both liked it as I thought it might be little spicy.
North Indian Thali
 Step by Step Picture Recipe











Easy Methi and carrot pulao

Ingredients Needed

Cooked Rice - 2 cups
Oil - 1 tbsp
Poppy Seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Kasturi Methi - 2 tbsp
Carrot, grated - 1 cup
Capsicum - 1/2 cup
Onions - 2 medium
Tomatoes - 2
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red Chilli paste - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Green chilies - 4
Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp

How to prepare Easy and quick Methi Carrot Pulao.

If you are using cooked rice, have that ready. Else wash and soak rice. Cook accordingly. Keep it aside.

Have the carrots grated and kept aside. Capsicum chopped into juliennes. 

Heat oil in a non stick pan, add poppy seeds and fennel see.ds When it sizzles, add onions, saute for couple of minutes. 

Then add the capsicum and simmer with lid. Let the capsicum get cooked for couple of mins, add ginger garlic paste. Mix everything well.

When the capsicum is tender, add the kasturi methi, slit green chilies and cook. 

Add tomatoes and cook till it gets mushy.

Add salt, garam masala powder, sugar. Fry for few minutes. 

When the masala is cooked well, add the grated carrot and cook for 5 mins.

Finally stir in the cooked rice and combine everything well together. 

Squeeze lime juice over the rice and serve with Methi Kofta Dal.
Easy Methi Carrot Pulao
Kasturi Methi Carrot Pulao
Notes:

You can use fresh methi leaves also. Use trimmed cup of methi leaves and saute well ahead before adding the masala.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 15


24 comments :

Champa April 24, 2012 at 6:57 AM  

Very colorful rice dish. Easy too.

Pavani April 24, 2012 at 7:09 AM  

Yummy looking rice dish.. I usually don't buy Indian veggies that often Since Indian grocery is a little far from where we live. But when I do buy, I buy a lot and end up using the same veggie over and over again. But as long as everything is different and tasty, I don't think our families would mind.. What do you say??

Jayanthi April 24, 2012 at 7:52 AM  

Now look at that rice ...methi in pulao is new to me. I like it, can imagine the taste it can give to the pulao. I buy different veggies but small quantities as H likes varieties...but when I want to try a recipe and I don't have it I use my creative mind to substitute ....sky is the limit if imagination is at play. Loved your pictures Valli...awesome!!!

Chef Mireille April 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM  

what a colorful rice...looks appetizing!

The Pumpkin Farm April 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM  

you have some amazing recipes with methi this time around, very interesting.I make methi pulav , in a different way..but it is guilt loaded, this can be a prefect replacement

Kalyani April 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM  

lovely flavourful rice.. kasuri methi is soooo versatile.


Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Pickles & Preserves Fest + Giveaway
Event : CWS - Oats

Vardhini April 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM  

Thali looks lovely. Pulao looks yummy.

Vardhini
CooksJoy

Rasi April 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM  

this is an says one..was always under the impression of cooking rice with ingredients.. this one is easy.. valli u forgot to add capsicum in the Ingredients list..:)

Ongoing Event : WTML

Priyas Feast April 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM  

i find using dried kasuthi methi brings lot of flavours than fresh ones..Pulao luks too good.

vaishali sabnani April 24, 2012 at 2:50 PM  

Valli the rice looks very delicious..I love those green chillies that have gone in there..yummy!!

Priya April 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM  

Super flavourful and healthy one pot meal,seriously inviting..

Suja Manoj April 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM  

Healthy and colorful dish..yum

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM  

very flavorful and colorful too. A good lunch box recipe!

Vanamala Hebbar April 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM  

Colorful..very nice

Nalini's Kitchen April 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM  

Healthy and flavorful rice,good option for lunch box...

Degchi April 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM  

Methi and carrot goes along with each other very nicely. I like alu methi carrot sabji and this rice is also very inviting.

Gayathri Kumar April 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM  

Very nutritious and colourful...

Cool Lassi(e) April 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM  

I am drooling over that Thali plate and its goodies! The carrot pulao looks super delicious and super easy!

PriyaVaasu April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM  

i too end up buying same veggies sometime, if i m in a good mood i plan and buy. Methi-carrot pulao looks very colorful!!!

veena krishnakumar April 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM  

wow!this looks good. I have methi and carrot....may be lunch for tomoro:-)

rajani April 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM  

Nice colorful rice. The recipe is just making me think that I always stick to one pulao recipe, may be i should start trying other recipes too!

Suma Gandlur April 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

Now the addition of poppy seeds and fennel seeds sound interesting.
I become a shopoholic when it comes to grocery shopping. :)
I buy all the kinds of vegetables we eat and that lasts for about 3 weeks. I buy each veggie in such a quantity that I use them at least in two different ways.

PJ April 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM  

Looks so tempting and very easy to make. Incidentally I have all the ingredients ready. Will make it tomorrow for sure :)

Aarthi April 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

pulav looks so flavourful..love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP