Caramel Popcorn | Easy and Quick Snacks for Kids | Step by Step Recipe

>>  Friday, March 23, 2012

Pin It

We starting the second week of Blogging Marathon today and I decided to do a combo of three themes this week. So first in the series is about Easy to make Snacks for Kids under 30 mins. I always love making popcorns at home, and this sweet version was something I remember making during college days. I somehow forgot these and then suddenly remembered when I was thinking what I should make for kids under 30 mins.

These Caramel Popcorn are very quick and tastes great. And you can get these done in a jiffy. Today's post has to be very short because of Ugadi preparation. Hope to see you again.
Step by Step Recipe





Ingredients Needed:

Corn Kernels - 1 cup
Brown Sugar - 1 cup
White Sugar -1 tsp

How to make the Caramel Popcorn.

In a pressure cooker, take the brown sugar, add the popcorn. Keep stirring. After few seconds when the cooker is heated, the corns will start popping out. Cover with the lid inverted and stir in between.

When you hear the corns stop popping, remove to a bowl. 

The corns are well coated with brown sugar.

Notes:

I didn't find the brown sugar sweet enough, so added a tsp sugar.

Sending this for Kid's Delight, hosted by Rujuta themed on Easy to make Snacks under 30 mins

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 14


20 comments :

vaishali sabnani March 23, 2012 at 7:55 AM  

Never tried these...but ofcourse have tasted them...look great!!

Jayanthi March 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM  

I haven't made anything more than microwave popcorn. This is a must try recipe. Nice Valli!!!

Rasi March 23, 2012 at 8:27 AM  

i always wondered how they make the cramel.. didn't know the use of brown sugar.. i personally love these :)..

Chef Mireille March 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM  

I love caramel popcorn, but have never tried to make it myself.

The Pumpkin Farm March 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM  

Valli, this is fantastic...remember I made them during one of the BMs but I had added the sugar mixture on the top...Personally I am a big fan of one pot dishes and this is one of those.

Akila March 23, 2012 at 1:02 PM  

Wow really yummy n nice tea time snack

Preeti Garg March 23, 2012 at 2:01 PM  

lovly popcorn.....kid's and adults both like very much

the mad March 23, 2012 at 2:37 PM  

Never tried these at home only at Inox. Thanks will make them now.

A Kamalika Krishmy March 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM  

I love this popcorn,, I love the one at escape cinemas.. i never forget to pick that box.. now the next time i crave for it.. will make it at home ..

Prabha Mani March 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM  

In my childhood i had this Popcorn a lot n lot!!Compared to salty one,i love to eat this much!!Looks nice..

Alpana March 23, 2012 at 10:27 PM  

Very nice snack.......Love it.

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi March 24, 2012 at 4:15 AM  

used to be one of my fav..but since moved on :)

Archana Vivek March 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM  

Never had or tried this. Just have seen here in the shops. Nice one

Kalyani March 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM  

popcorn a fav anytime :)


Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Holi Fest – Colourful Palette
Event : Bake Fest # 5

Rajani March 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM  

I havent heard about these before. Looks very nice!

veena krishnakumar March 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM  

Looks very nice valli. Never tried this...may be on of these days I should

Cool Lassi(e) March 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM  

lovely movie-time snack! Next time i sit to watch a tear-jerker, I will make a bowl of this to console myself.

Hemavathi Murari March 26, 2012 at 9:47 AM  

definitely i should try these out.

interesting recipe.

Hema's Adugemane

Suma Gandlur March 27, 2012 at 2:38 AM  

Sounds yummy. Never tried making a sweeter version of popcorn at home.

Rujuta March 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM  

Dear Srivalli,
These are too delightful.. haven't tried them at home... m inspired by this to do it now :)
They look so tempting and delicious..
Great entry
Rujuta
http://theworldaccordingtorujuta.blogspot.in/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP